Inveterate tinkerer that I am, I wasnae able to leave the default template alone for long. Although it’s the cleanest looking of the templates available, there were a few things about it which bugged me, so I made some initial adjustments. No doubt I’ll be returning to tinker at a later date. For now I’ve:
- Moved the sidebar to the left - where it should be [IMHO]
- Widened the whole layout. There was a lot of screenspace going to waste there.
- Created a ‘clear’ class. It was referenced in the code but not defined. It’s used to keep things clear of floated images [such as the dotted line under the profile pic].
- Removed the annoying grey border from around images in posts.
- Knocked the default fontsize up 10% - it was s-o-o-o wee!
- Defined some CSS for
- A couple of other minor twiddles to margins and padding, here and there.
That’ll do for the first hacking session!